Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Pain Is Temporary,Glory Lasts Forever

W/ the first of my two races this weekend falling on Friday GP felt we needed to be back at it again today w/ an easier day tomorrow,he,s been preaching the "running when you,re tired"gospel for the past week and I,m begining to feel the benefits.
Todays bill o fare was a repeat of Fridays mile and a half warm up,half mile of striders,two miles of pick ups and mile cool down,dispite my legs feeling a little sore from yesterday I was eager to get over to Clark Park this afternoon and have at it,another sign that I,m getting back to the old me,it,s not like I,d dreaded my recent runs far from it after 5 weeks of inactivity I was chomping at the bit to get out there again and train but the fact that in the begining my times were slow and my results seemed to be taking forever to shine through meant it wasn,t always fun,now having I believe turned a corner I have a renewed vigor for my workouts.
W/ ipod at the ready and Live,s "Throwing Copper" as my soundtrack I launched into my mile and a half warm up,had to remind myself this was a warm up and not get too carried away as "Selling The Drama" and "I Alone" had me pumped.
My half mile of strides and opening mile of pick ups came during "Lightning Crashes" I,d forgotten how good this album was and when "All Over You" and "Shit Towne" saw me through the second mile I was feeling winded but in a good way,somehow todays 2 miles of 5 second pick ups felt better than Fridays.
I do believe the three S,s Strenght,Speed and Stamina are working there way back,but also mentally I,m in a much better place than I was a week ago and the fact the suns been out and the temps have gone up this week also helps.
An easy mile cool down as"Stage" and "Waitress" pushed me through the final two loops and I was done,I was still loving "Throwing Copper" so much I listened to the final three tracks"Pillar Of Davidson""White Discussion" and "Untitled" on the walk home and after I,d gotten indoors,an inspired choice to download yesterday if I do say so myself.
A nice easy three miler tomorrow,mile to warm up,mile of strides,mile to cool down,unlike two weeks ago when I wasn,t sure how I should feel going into my races this weekend I,m psyched and the fact Friday,s at The Armory to begin w/and is also the mile,well let,s just say U2,s "New York" and The Chieftains "Rocky Road To Dublin" will be getting played alot on my pod between now and race time Friday evening.

No comments: