Thursday, November 13, 2008

Fair Weather Ahead?

Although the actual weather sucked today,my day compared to yesterday was sunny and bright compared to the preceeding 24 hours,I don,t think my first projectile was thrown till almost lunch time today,a far cry from yesterday!!!
The weather had eased up enough to run come this evening,however since this evening was another in a week long of late finishes it was too late to hit Franklin Field by the time I arrived home at 5.45pm,ergo another 5 miler around Clark Park.
Chris left the hospital today,he sounded happy to be headed home again,I,ll miss not going up to his room in the afternoons but I,m delighted he,s home now.
Two prime examples of our friendship,I finally got around to checking my voice mails at work this afternoon,the first message was from Chris Monday morning just be he went to the OR I have a good idea what he was going to say to me,the second was when I hugged him and said goodbye as Chris left the hospital,he thanked me for my concern this week,that,s what friends do,they look out for one another,at a time when I,m taking a long hard look at the word"friendship"at all it means I don,t have to second guess my friendship w/ Chris.
One final thought on this evenings run,it was my last as a 44 year old,I turn 45 tomorrow,please no big hurah,I hate my b,day and the only reason I bring it up is at 45 I move up to a new age group,45-49.

No comments: