Thursday, November 20, 2008

Reasons To Be Cheerful

"The juice of a carrot,the smile of a parrot,a little drop of claret,anything that rocks,Elvis and Scotty,days when I aint spotty,sitting on the potty,curing smallpox"
Reasons To Be Cheerful-Ian Dury
I realize compared to some I have it good,that said for every step forward I take I feel I end up sliding two steps backwards,it,s hard to be or feel positive when your constantly being knocked down.
After three non running days I,m pleased to report I laced em up Mon and Wed and cranked out 5 milers,Tuesday wasn,t an option as time constraints forced my hand,God willing Sunday I,ll make up for it......albeit after the Spurs Blackburn game at 8.30am!!!
A wise man once told me "not all of life,s rewards have to be on a grand scale"that,s why I take solice in the little things that bring me joy,my weekly interactions w/"My Girl Tuesday"for starters,I think of that Robert Palmer song"She Makes My Day"it,s amazing how much milage I gain from our conversations,glass half empty if we spoke like that everyday my woes would melt away,alas ours isn,t that kind of relationship,glass half full that half an hour a week we share is simply the best half half an hour of each and every week and I,ll scrap to the bitter end w/ anyone who would deny or begrudge me that small window of delight.
I,m wrestling w/ the notion of hitting the track tonite,I want to but frankly the mental and physical battering I,m taking here at work makes me feel it,ll be counteractive,if I bag the track I will at least do 5 miles around Clark Park.

No comments: