Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Living On A Knife Edge

It is said that the nites you don,t feel like running are the nites you really need to get out there and do so,having blown off last nite since my head and my heart weren,t in it I forced myself to get out the door just b4 6pm this evening to do my tour of duty around Clark Park.
First things first I,m delighted to say Chris is doing ok,I,ve spent the past two afternoons w/ him in his room and he,s recovering from his surgery,no word on when he,ll return to work but I,ve told him I don,t expect him back this month,sure I need him back asap but he just had brain surgery,he,ll be back when his surgeon says he,s good and ready.
For those of you who prayed for him and his family,thank you.
Aside from the emotional turmoil of not having Chris to back me up this week,the loss of his physical presence is sorely being felt,I had to work an extra hour last nite and this evening to try and catch up and while last nite I said screw it,I knew based on the events of today I had to run tonite,even Chris told me get out and run tonite when I recanted the exploits of the past two days to him,it wasn,t lost on on my walk home from Clark Park that I spotted a full moon in the sky.
W/out getting too deeply into my personal life today marked another in a long line of chapters of failure in matters of the heart,you,d think I,d leant my lesson by now but even after a five year hiatus my most recent forary "where angels fear to tread"ended as it always does in disappointment and while my diary will be the venue for me to vent my spleen and purge my soul I,ll say this much in closing,I gave "My Girl Tuesday"two chances,she shot me down twice,three stikes my work in baseball but I don,t care enough about "America,s pass time"I only care about "Top Cats pass time"which is running.
At a time when I,m updating my cd collection of a seminal 80s favourites The Alarm this gem off their sophmore album "Strenght" feels like art imitating life,or is it the other way around?my head is too @#$*ed up to tell the difference.
''Memories come flooding back,the bitter pain of disappointment,of once of having love but now I only feel loss,I,m living on a knife edge at the end of the lite,taking all the hard sell,I,m looking for a lifeline,on a knife edge,I,m looking for you now"
''Knife Edge"

No comments: