Monday, October 25, 2010

Starting Over Again!

My five day stint on the DL{c'mon the World Series begins in two days!!}is up and I was back out on the sidewalk this evening hoping to put the frustration of last weeks calf injury behind me.
As I sit here now w an/ ice pack on my calf I hope there'll be no repeat of last week when I clocked a comfortable 10 miler on Tuesday only to be sidelined Wednesday w/ a knot in my calf muscle that hurt when I tried to push off on my left foot.

I'm not big on blowing off training runs but I'm astute enough to know when to say when,there was nothing to gain and everything to lose by trying to fight through the pain barrier last week and making things worse so I sat out five days and was able to cruise through this evenings run w/out any problems.....however last week I cruised through my 10 miler w/out any worries only to be felled the following day so tonite I'll do all the precautionary things I need to do to make sure I can go again tomorrow,fingers crossed

No comments: