Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Back Into The Swing Of Things

"I'm back out on that road again,turn this beast into the wind
There are those that brake and bend,I'm the other kind,I'm the other kind"

The Other Kind-Steve Earle

After my two weeks off it was back into the groove of things this evening,I had planned to return to the frey yesterday but lazy toad that I was while I took a two week sabbatical I found myself getting in to old habits,sitting at the pc,becoming one w/ the recliner and generally not getting off my arse and getting things done,the upshot of which was I needed to go food shopping on my way home from work yesterday which kyboshed yesterdays run,one less 10 miler for my first week back.

Was pleasantly surprised to clock 64 mins tonite,had no set time in mind,if I'd clocked 66/67 mins I'd have been fine w/ that but based on tonites evidence my two weeks off haven't hurt me so maybe Saturday's Catholic League 5k xc is on.

It felt good to be back out running this evening,58 degrees and comfortable,these days will be few and far between as we're now in to the back half of October,let's see what tomorrow evening brings?

No comments: