Sunday, October 31, 2010

Playing Catch Up

Sorry for the lack of blog post yesterday,long story short I missed the last el train home Friday nite after the Social Distortion gig and ended up having to walk home from Center City,I got home around 1.45am and was back up by 9am yesterday morning,cranked out my 9 miler b4 sleeping through the second half of Man Utd Spurs,managed to rouse myself long enough to take care of the first half of my food shopping b4 taking a very zen like approach to the rest of the day and became one w/ the recliner as I caught up w/ the eight hours of recorded tv shows on my dvr from the past week.
Any plans to sit at the pc and blog yesterday went south as by 8pm I was getting my yawn on,I left the shows I'd recorded from Friday till today and promptly naffed off to bed around 9.20pm following a few pages of the latest Nick Hornby book I'm reading "Slam"

Up and at em this morning by 9am,fast forwarded through the commericals to squeeze in"Smallville" b4 heading out at 10.15am.
Having already notched 59 miles for the week I now needed to log 16 today to give me 75 for the week,I don't think I ever logged 75 miles a week when I trained for marathons but I'd committed myself to between 60-75 miles a week for the next seven weeks as my base mileage programme b4 I drop back down to 45-50 miles per week w/ two repeats each week in the mix in mid December.
Three miles down to Walnut St where I hooked up w/ my friend and team mate Sean,we'd agreed to do an easy 10 miles along the Schuylkill Banks,around the Art Museam Loop and back along the Schuylkill Banks b4 parting company and I'd finish off the final three miles home to notch my 16 for the day,75 for the week.

Ideal conditions for a long run sunny and 60 degrees,it'll be interesting to see what the next 6 Sundays bring.
The pace was comfortable as Sean and I caught up,I haven't seen"my Celtic brother" since Nationals in Sacramento 14 weeks ago and he made me laugh, when I first approached Sean w/ the notion of a 10 miler around the loop he said he had visions of me cranking out one of my typical 64 minute 10 milers and only being able to hang w/ me for the opening mile but I told Sean the whole point of the long run on Sunday was to just put in the miles,I cranked out enough brisk 10 milers this week this was about being in a position to still have fuel in the tank after 13 miles to make my way back home,which I did.

There's nothing more I'd have enjoyed than to take a nap but I still had stuff to do,a phone call to my sister to wish her a happy b'day b4 finishing off the food shopping,knocking out laundry and then the final 2 shows on my dvr.....finally all done, and now a chance to put my feet up and cop the EPL Review b4 calling it not only a nite,a week and a month.

No comments: