Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Just What The Doctor Ordered

So much for kicking on after last weeks seventy five miler, a combination of going from zero to seventy five miles in one foul swoop,a dip in the temperature,having to walk home fifty blocks after the Social D gig Friday and generally spreading myself a tad thin over the weekend meant when I caught a chill yesterday I had little in the way of resistance to fight it off and the only thing running was my nose,cue yours truly under the covers taking on as much fluid as I could in the hopes of vanquishing this sooner rather than later.

I took the unprecedented step of taking a sick day from work today,even though I have beaucoup sick time it's rare I take a sick day,in fact my last"sickie" was March of last year after I got stranded in Boston at Logan airport so I don't feel bad about calling out today.
I figured catching up on some rest wouldn't go a miss plus if yesterday was anything to go by on the loading dock a day out of the wind wouldn't hurt any either.

I did of course consider a run but thought better of it,I want to shake this chill so I can get back to training on a regular basis so flying in the face of it didn't seem the way to go,instead I took the "feed a cold,starve a fever" attitude enjoyed lunch sitting at the kitchen table not my desk in my office and then enjoyed the Spurs Inter Milan game.
3.1 to Spurs and w/ two games left in the group phase I'd say we look a good bet to reach the last sixteen and knock out stage in Febuary/March.

I'll resist the temptation to take a second sick day tomorrow,there's really no need for it plus getting back to work should aid and abet the regular schedule of work,training,blog.

No comments: