Saturday, November 27, 2010

Running Against The Wind

A later start than I would have liked today,w/ my run for once not dictated by the soccer schedule I would've preferred an earlier start for my 13 miler,however for once I didn't set my alarm and my internal alarm didn't wake me till 11am.
Good job I didn't allow the sunshine streaming through my window to lure me in to a false sense of security as it was brisk out there today as I soon found out.

On days like today running by the river can be a bitch,I discovered a new found respect for mimes who do that walk against the wind shit after my out and back along West River Drive,today was at time a grind but I was able to see it through and leave me w/ a 10 miler tomorrow to notch another 75 mile week.

According to the clubs Facebook page we finished third in the road Grand Prix,I guess Downingtown must've leap frogged over us last weekend w/ the final races of the Grand Prix,Rothman 8K,Philly Half Marathon and Philly Marathon but third will get us some money when they divvy up the awards in January at the Mid Atlantic Luncheon.
Providing things didn't go tits up today at Brandywine the club should have won the off road Grand Prix to cop that loot also to round out a good year for the club.
Talking of the club I read in his blog yesterday that Nick Berra broke the club record for 5 miles w/ an impressive 26.41 at Prospect Park Brooklyn on Thanksgiving,kudos to him for that,it makes me wonder how safe my 3,000m and 5,000m records are from him,something for us to discuss in Cornell in January.

Following my less that auspicious performance in January at this years Hartshorne Memorial Masters Mile I couldn't be sure of an invite to next years race but race director Tom Hartshorne emailed me yesterday to confirm an invite was forthcoming,timely as tomorrow marks the 5th of 7 weeks of base mileage and beginning in mid December I'll return to twice a week repeats to hopefully add speed to the strength I've gotten from my weeks of base mileage

No comments: