Thursday, November 18, 2010

Fortune Favours The Brave

Another 10 milers this evening which means in the last 14 days I've logged 152 miles,no wonder I'm looking at springing for a new pair of running shoes along w/ flats for the upcoming track season.

For one brief moment just after crossing the South Street Bridge I thought I was going to get caught in the rain,I hadn't seen anything in the forecast about rain or showers so it caught me by surprise and for a few brief moments I considered if making this a 6 miler was an option,to be honest it wasn't,quite where I'd make up those 4 miles is beyond me,I really don't want to be running any more than 10 again tomorrow and frankly the option of having to add even 2 miles after Saturday's race w/ another extra 2 miles on Sunday making it an 18 miler wasn't really an option,so in keeping w/ the spirit of my forefathers I just said"feck it all" and kept running...and what do you know it stopped raining.

Since I'm off work tomorrow it'll be an out and back 10 miler along Cobbs Creek Parkway hopefully around mid morning,I have a bunch of chores that need taking care tomorrow so the earlier I get a jump start on my day the earlier I can be done the sooner I relax for the day and w/ that I'm off to enjoy "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving"......yes I'm painfully aware I am to the holidays what Attila The Hun is to anger management but I'm a sucker for any of the Charlie Brown holiday specials.....who knew right??

No comments: