Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Scotland The Brave

"I am the clansman and I swear to defend,and I'll fight to the end and I swear that I'll never be taken alive
And I know that I'll stand,and we'll fight for our land and I swear that my bairns will be born free
And I know what I want and the timing is right,then I'll take what I want I am the clansman
Freedom"

The Clansman-Iron Maiden

Och Eye, Hoots Mon,See You Jimmy Happy St Andrew's Day to Scots the world over.

In honour of St Andrew's Day I finally made my "See You Jimmy" mix tape that has been in an old note book of mine for 10 years,my recent foray in to making mix tapes on a regular basis meant this year I finally committed that list to tape and here it is

Side One

Marillion-Heart Of Lotion

Eurythmics-Would I Lie To You

Bronski Beat-Smalltown Boy

Big County-Just A Shadow

Jesus & Mary Chain-Blues From A Gun

KT Tunstall-False Alarm

Ultravox-Vienna

Rod Stewart-Broken Arrow

The Associates-Love Hangover

Texas-Saint

Side Two

Communards-Disenchanted

The Skids-Working For The Yankee Dollar

Aztec Camers-Oblivious

Altered Images-See Those Eyes

Fish-Goldfish And Clowns

Garbage-I'm Only Happy When It Rains

Travis-Why Does It Always Rain On Me

Annie Lennox-Why

Jimmy Sommerville-You Are My World

Simple Minds-New Gold Dream

Apologies to Glasvegas,Paulo Nutini and Frightened Rabbit for not being able to fit them on the tape,maybe next year fellas

Another 10 miler tonite,according to AOL Weather it was going to be 48 degrees and a 80% chance of rain....when I passed Peco Tower on the outbound and inbound section of the Schuylkill Banks I looked up to check the temperature....61 degrees and not a drop of rain in sight,in the spirit of St Andrew's Day a big Glaswegian Handshake to you...a true Scot knows exactly what that means...

No comments: