Sunday, November 21, 2010

Mix And Match

Another 75 mile week,two in a row and three in the last four weeks.
W/ the Philadelphia Marathon ruling the roost today there'd be no 16 miler around the Art Museum Loop obviously but I was still going to get my 16 miler in.
The plan was the extended out and back along Cobbs Creek Parkway,down Spruce St,over the South St bridge,back over the bridge and home via Spruce St,Baltimore Ave and Cedar Ave.

Conditions were sunny and mild when I set off at 10.30am,another day when I was able to get away w/ shorts,sooner or later that will come to and end....I'm hoping for later rather than sooner.
While it was strange to run a 16 miler not down to Schuylkill Banks and around the loop 16 miles is 16 miles and I was happy to notch my 4th Sunday 16 miler in a row.

Obviously w/ Thanksgiving on Thursday the coming week will be slightly different from the norm,I can hit Cobbs Creek Parkway for my Thursday run and again on Saturday for my 9 miler since I've rethought the whole Brandywine 5K XC race.
Since I don't have the luxury of taking this Friday off it'd mean working all day,getting out for my 10 miler at 4.40pm and then going to see KT Tunstall that nite b4 getting up early on Saturday to race....not exactly ideal preparation for a race so I'll take a pass on Brandywine.

No comments: