Friday, November 19, 2010

At One W/ The World........For Now

Took full advantage of my day off from work today and got out on Cobbs Creek Parkway by 9.55am for my 10 miler.
It's been a while since I conducted a weekday run during the daytime,I made the most of the peace and tranquility on my out and back 10 miler,next Thursday I'll get to do it again since I have off work for Thanksgiving,clearly there'll be no 9 miler tomorrow morning.....

I spent a lot of this mornings run visualizing tomorrows course if it comes down to seconds between a record or not then running the shortest line on the out and back course will be key.
Post run it was off to the Convention Center to pick up my race number,I breezed through the expo and made my way home and made some inroads in to my stack of dvr'd shows,post race tomorrow and again Thursday I'd like to clear that current backlog.

So my pre race meal of Linguine and Clams is done,the alarm is set for the ungodly hour of 4.41am{it's harsh enough it goes off then on a work day but on the friggin weekend!!!} and my bag is ready and my race clothes are laid out,after a seven week absence it's showtime.

No comments: