Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Just Like Starting Over

All good things it is said must come to an end and yesterday saw my 17 days of consecutive running come to a halt.
That old adage of"listen to what your body is telling you" came into play yesterday,I kept falling asleep at lunch time trying to write my diary and again on the subway ride home,that was enough to tell me that a rest day was in order,running 10 miles last nite would've been a case of going through the motions and that's how injuries happen so I took a nite off....and lo and behold no falling asleep at lunch time or on the ride home.

Having lost a day I was already crunching numbers to see how I could make up the 10 miles I lost yesterday and still get 75 miles in this week,after several permutations I came up w/ one that providing the weather holds will see me notch another 75 miler in 6 days.
This evening kicked off w/ a 12 miler,having clocked one last Monday I knew where the turn around point was which may not sound like much but when you're running in the dark it's a big deal.

I want to give a shout out to whoever does the research for National Masters E News and the name check they gave me for winning my age group in Saturdays Rothman 8k,I love the fact they refered to me as trackster.....I'm sure that's what they meant and it wasn't a typo but it was nice to read that,thanks.
Another 12 miler on tap tomorrow.

No comments: