Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Three S's In Mid November

Wow 65 degrees today no wonder it was shades,shorts and short sleeves today as I reacquainted myself w/ Cobbs Creek Parkway for my Saturday 9 miler
The time of my Saturday run is always dictated by the time of the Spurs kick off,for the past few weeks I've lucked out we've either played early{7.45am,8.45am last week as our clocks hadn't gone back yet and Europe's had}or we've had the late kick off {12.30pm} but today was the traditional 10.am kick off{3pm back home}which meant either,getting up early and getting the run in at 9am or waiting till after the game and running at 12pm.

Given I have a slew of things that need to be done today and again tomorrow the prospect of running at 12pm and not getting done till 1pm wasn't thrilling me......however trying to get up out of bed every time the alarm went off at 7.40am wasn't working for me,eventually I managed to rouse myself out of bed by 9.55am....just in time for the kick off of the Spurs Blackburn game....clearly I'd now be running at 12pm!!

Seemed like a win,win,win scenario,Spurs won 4.2.....whee!!!! I got a little extra rest and I got to take full advantage of the glorious conditions.
I believe more of the same is on tap for tomorrow when I run around the loop and log my 16 miler,granted I'll start a little earlier.....providing I can get up and be out the door by 10.30am but I'm thinking shades,short sleeves and shorts again tomorrow.
After a week of having to get used to running most of my 10 miler in the dark it was nice to be able to see where I'm going again and nice to be back up on CCP,so much of my mileage this year has been conducted on there I 'd hate to think I was turning my back on my training runs on Cobbs Creek Parkway but until Dec 21st and Winter Solstice and the evenings begin to stay light enough to get out and back in daylight then CCP will only be for my weekend run and when I have a day off during the week.

As the masses connected w/ my club are making their way to the awards nite this evening I'm off to see Ben Folds at The Tower,until such time as perfecting the two places at one time chestnut has been solved I can't do both and frankly an evening of Ben Folds classics plus the new songs off of"Lonely Avenue" which Nick Hornby wrote won out,sorry if that sounds harsh but that's what it came down to,there'll be another awards evening next year,who knows when Ben Folds will tour next?

No comments: