Saturday, November 6, 2010

Easy Does It

Ah,the weekend a few days off work,a lie in or two.....and a "to do" list that more often than not has too much on there to ever be completed in two days....am I right?
Thanks to the scheduling gods Spurs had the early kick off today which worked in several areas,I had to be up b4 8.45am for the kick off and given the game ended at 10.45am I could now go out and attack my 9 miler rather than wait till 1pm if we'd had the late kick off and thus get an early jump on my day.

One thing I learnt during my three week lay off in early to mid October was that going out to get my run in on the weekend more often than not helped me get that jump start on the weekend.
Unless the weather is complete pants I prefer to get my run taken care of first thing,for starters it means I don't have it hanging over my head all day knowing it needs to be taken care of and also by the time I'm done I normally feel ready to get stuck into whatever happens to be on my"to do" list.

Today was a easy day, post run and pre grocery shopping I planted myself at a Starbucks for 90 minutes or so,savored a Green Tea{I gave up Coffee two months ago....I know the last of my vices....}and wrote my diary and began making lists for up coming mix tapes.
Since going on a reading kick in September I've also gotten back into the routine of making mix tapes,something I'd gotten away from for a while,more's the pity.
It helped that the first three books I read were music/mixed tapes related,"Love Is A Mix Tape""31 Songs/Songbook" and "Cassette From My Ex" and since reading them I've knocked out 4 mix tapes,two for my brother which I reviewed in my blog and two for the girls in the Wound Center that sadly due to time constraints didn't get reviewed.

I'm currently working on two tapes right now my brother's long overdue"See You Jimmy" a mix of all things Scottish and for the gals in the Wound Center"A New Version Of The Old Scene" a bunch of cover tunes.
I have 12 lists I'm compiling for future tapes,the plan is two tapes per month for "Our Kid" and the Wound Center,as time allows I'll try to review them.

So my day is done, a little catching up w/ some dvrd tv from the week and a fuck off bowl of Muscles and Linguine b4 tomorrow's 16 miler.

No comments: