Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Daylight

Due to a clerical error at the bank I was able to not only leave work at lunch time to take care of it but it meant I was home by 3pm,a full 90 mins b4 I normally get home.
Decisions,Decisions?did I take full advantage of this and get my 12 miler in during daylight?or did I take advantage of being home early and pulling up a pew to cop Spurs Werder Bremen in the Champions League?

As great as the prospect of a Spurs game was,the prospect of taking care of business in daylight proved greater,there was a 13 degree drop in temps from yesterday{61} to today{48} so that galvanized me to get out the door pronto and take care of business.....plus the Spurs game was coming on again at 7pm so I could have my cake and eat it too,if you want to substitute cake for Pumpkin Pie since tomorrow is Thanksgiving then go ahead be my guest!

Frankly if the temps are going to be the same again tomorrow I may have to go w/ my jacket and warm up bottoms when I run mid morning,48 degs isn't that brisk but coming off of 61 degs yesterday I felt the difference.
It was nice to see where I was going for once,there's potential for getting 4 of my 6 runs in the daylight this week,I could get used to that but I know next week it'll be back to running at 4.30pm each afternoon so it would be prudent not to get too used to such luxuries.

PS Spurs won 3.0 to reach the knock out stage of the Champions League in late Feb/early March happy happy joy joy!!

No comments: