Monday, November 15, 2010

You Learn

A 12 miler tonite to allow for Saturday's Rothman 8k.
Even though this is still my base mileage phase I would like to do well Saturday,it remains to be seen if I can go below the club record 26.01 but I do think my 03 pr of 27.13 could and should fall so I'm treading a bit of a fine line,I don't want to cut back on my base mileage but I also want to be somewhat competitive Saturday ergo the decision to log the 2 miles I'll lose Saturday tonite b4 dropping back down to 10 milers for the rest of the week.

I was pleasantly surprised to get through tonite's extra miles w/ ease,I thought I might be a little leg weary coming off of 110 miles in the past 10 days but what I've done well each day w/ my long runs is make sure there's enough fuel in the tank each day so that I can go again the following day,I need to follow that blueprint for the rest of the week so that I'm in race shape Saturday.

I haven't ran an 8k since my last Rothman 8k in 05,not only have they bumped it up a day from Sunday to Saturday but the start and finish have changed but also these days it's out and back along West River Drive not Kelly Drive,I hope when the gun goes off at 7.30am my fast twitch muscles will answer the call and all my strength from almost a month of base mileage will be enough to propel me along the Ben Franklin Parkway around Logan Square,Eakins Oval,out along West River Drive and back down the Parkway.

No comments: