Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Fear Of The Dark


"I am a man who walks alone,and when I'm walking a dark road at night or strolling through the park
When the light begins to change I sometimes feel a little strange,a little anxious when it's dark
Fear of the dark,fear of the dark I have a constant fear that somethings always near
Fear of the dark,fear of the dark I have a phobia that someones always there
Have you ever been alone at night,thought you heard footsteps behind and turned around and no one's there?
And as you quicken up your pace you find it hard to look again because you're sure there's someone there.
Fear of the dark,fear of the dark I have a constant fear that somethings always near
Fear of the dark,fear of the dark I have a phobia that someones always there"
Fear Of The Dark-Iron Maiden
Ok,starter for ten I don't really have a fear of the dark....I don't believe in the boogie man but what I do fear is falling arse over tit on a run when I can't see what I'm doing so after last nites out and back along Cobbs Creek Parkway where I found myself running in complete darkness in some sections of the route I opted to switch things up.
The last thing I need now at almost half way through my base mileage phase is to fall in the dark and banajax myself b4 the indoor season so after some thought I opted to put out and backs along Cobbs Creek Parkway on hold in the evenings until I can see where I'm going and in the meantime I'll run down Cedar Ave to Spruce St,over the South St bridge and along the Schuylkill Banks to West River Drive and out to the Girard bridge b4 turning for home
While at least I can now see where I'm going on this route it wasn't w/out incident,the draw back of using the banks and or the drives is the potential for some Lance Armstrong wannabe on a bike almost taking you out.....this douche bag comes whipping by me on my right hand side w/out so much as an"coming up on your right"count your self lucky you didn't get an elbow to the head as you brushed by me on my inside.....pull a stunt like that again and unlike Lance who only has one testicle I'll make sure you don't have any!!.....does that mean tomorrow's album sleeve will be the Sex Pistols and "Never Mind The Bollocks"....tune in and find out!

No comments: