Monday, November 29, 2010

The Milkman Of Human Kindness

W/ a return to 10 milers in the evenings there was a sense of"Back To Basics" which was the title of Billy Bragg's first album and "The Milkman Of Human Kindness" is the lead off track.....there call it Billy Bragg 101 if you like.

Got a slightly later start than usual this evening but it hardly made a difference,conditions were good,48 degrees and a lot more forgiving than last Thursday and Saturday.
I felt good out there tonite,maybe dropping back down to 10 miles suited me,maybe the better conditions suited me,maybe the heart to heart conversation I had in my office w/ my co worker purged my soul a little I don't know but whatever it was today felt like a good run.

The subject of the Millrose Games came up today via an email,for several weeks there's been talk of an inter squad 400m time trial this Sunday,I've said I wouldn't be available,I'm not cutting my base mileage short,I'll take my chances in a 400m race at Delaware in early January after I've had three weeks of repeats to hopefully add speed to the strength I've been building,it remains to be seen if that pays off but b4 I can start planning for the indoor season there are two more weeks of base mileage b4 three weeks of repeats and then the kick off to the indoor season,one thing at a time,another 10 miler tomorrow.

No comments: