Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Down Shifting Gears

W/ Rothman three days away I began to taper as best I can given that race or no race my plan is to log another 75 mile week.
Were this a race during my regular season I'd be cutting back my mileage over the next few days,however long b4 I ran my last race on October 3rd in Syracuse I knew Rothman would fall during my 8 week base mileage phase and while I want to do well on Saturday,I'm not willing to compromise on my mileage but I have tweaked my training to try and have my cake and eat it too.

Since Saturday is an 8k which for all intense and purposes is a 5 miler I'll log 7 miles w/ my mile warm up and cool down leaving me two short of my usual 9 miles on a Saturday,hence the 12 miler on Monday to make up for that and also get it in early in the week.
I'm taking off from work on Friday to allow myself the chance to get my 10 miler in by lunch time instead of at 4.40pm and only allowing myself 13 hours to recover b4 Saturdays race.

It remains to be seen if I can go sub 26 on Saturday,if I do great,if I don't I don't at the end of the day it's another run in my base mileage phase and come Sunday I should be able to log another 75 mile week which is the primary goal,anything else,club record,pr,age group win is gravy.

No comments: