Saturday, October 2, 2010

Road Trip

Ah the time honoured tradition,the road trip having spent weekends in Ithaca,Boston and Sacramento already this year I'm heading up to Syracuse for this weekend's Masters 5K Road Race C'ships.

It also marks the end of a journey of sorts,this will be my last competitive race of the season as of Monday I'm taking two well earnt weeks off b4 returning to training on October 18th as I begin 8 weeks of base mileage training to get me ready for the indoor season in mid December.

Having ran this race last year I know what to expect from the course,last year I had hoped to notch my first Masters sub 17 5k but failed miserably and clocked 17.20,this year w/ several 50 mile weeks under my belt and 4 sub 16 5,000m track races under my belt I'm aiming for a sub 16,looking at the status of entries I can see who my competition is,let's hope I'm ready.

No comments: