Thursday, October 7, 2010

Down Time


It was always my plan to take a few weeks of down time after 5th Avenue and Syracuse,from a mental and physical stance.
It's been a long 9 months since my opening race of the season on Jan 3rd at 3,000m indoors at Swarthmore to Oct 3rd and the 5K Road Race C'ships in Syracuse for shits and giggles I should add up the weekly mileage totals for the past 40 weeks.
While Syracuse represents the end of my "competitive" season I do have 4 races on my schedule in Oct,Nov and early Dec b4 returning to indoor track,following my two weeks off I will be looking at an 8 week "base building" program where I hope to log between 60 and 75 miles per week between Oct 18th and Dec 12th b4 dropping my mileage back down to 45-50 per week w/ repeats back in the mix as indoor season starts.
I will check in periodically over my two weeks off but to be honest I'm actually looking forward to not rushing straight home from work,going out for my run and then blogging it,I'm sure by the time Monday October 18th rolls around I'll be good and ready to get back into the swing of things but for now it's time to relax,I feel I've earned that much

No comments: