Monday, January 7, 2008

If It,s The First Sunday In January It Must Be Swarthmore

To be honest the prospect of going to a track meet to watch rather than compeat is not one that I,d normally undertake.................................................HOWEVER when you,ve been stuck inside for almost 3 weeks and have only been out six times in 17 days you,ll jump at the offer of a ride to Swarthmore trust me!!!!!
Aside from my obvious gratitute to my teammate and friend Ray aka Baron Von Javelin for the offer of a ride out to Swarthmore{it,s times like these when you discover who your real friends are..........I,m not going to name names here,but in my diary............forget about it!!!!!!}I was doubly greatful for the chance to spend my 4th 1st Sun of Jan at Lamb Miller Pavillion,it was here in 05 I made my return to track and my indoor debut w/ a gutsy 10.26.50 6th place finish.
Asides from being out of the house for a few hours it was good to back in a familiar enviroment,go figure w/ almost three weeks of free time to myself I,d somehow always found an excuse not to update my blog and yet now I,ve posted two entries w/ my overdue Top Ten Races Of 07 coming tomorrow,being around my team mates,friends and fellow track brethren was just what I needed and while I was a tad envious of those fortunate enough to be able to compeat I know my time will come,yesterday was the nudge I needed,today I finally used my pc for something other than downloading music on my new ipod{cheers Seebs n Reebs!!!}and my {some may say unhealthy }obsession w/ Georgie Thompson,Keira Knightly and Stacy Keibler,tomorrow I,ll post my Top Ten,Wed sees the cast being....well cast off................. :) and from there we,ll have to see.
Slainte

No comments: