Saturday, January 26, 2008

Athlete Of The Year

Growing up one of the sporting highlights of the year for me was always the BBC Sports Review Of The Year.As a kid it was always a thrill to relive the year in sports but as I got older I grew to appreciate what it meant for the winner of the Sports Personality Of The Year to be recognized by your peers as the best and what that intailed so when I was voted Mid Atlantic Masters Track High Performance Athlete Of The Year for 2007 I was indeed humbled and honoured to have such an award bestowed upon me.
At a time when I,m hoping to relaunch a season that,s yet to get up and running muchless off the ground this was a timely award,today was the first day since the stress fracture I hadn,t had my foot in a cast or boot in almost 6 weeks,I didn,t want to have to shuffle upto the podium in my protective boot to begin w/ and w/ d day 5 days away and counting it,s time to start getting used to wearing both running shoes again not just the right one.
Tomorrow will see the somewhat nerve wracking prospect of going to the track and seeing what it feels like to try and run,I have a few days to see if I can crank out a decent 400m in the hope that I can not only anchor the team but also forfill a lifetimes ambition of running at Madison Square Gardens in the Millrose Games,the clock is truly ticking it a question of if I,m physically able to do what my heart and soul have been willing me to do for the past week,time which may or may not be on my side will tell.

No comments: