Friday, January 25, 2008

The Road To Millrose Is Paved W/ Blood,Sweat & Tears

For the worrymongers out there the blood and tears were metaphorical,but believe me the sweat of which there was bucket loads of was real!!!
Having been forced to miss a days training on Thursday due to too much going on I was eager to have at it today,I wasn,t too upset at missing a day,afterall I don,t wish to overdo it and having been hard at it on the steps and w/ the ab ball since last Fri I didn,t feel a day off was too much to beat myself up over.
Having gotten the official word that were in{the three best words in the english vocabulary right now....."officially you,re in"}to the Millrose Games it,s time to totally focus w/ a week to go,GP always talks about the importance of good grub and plenty of rest leading upto a major race and this coming week will be no different,gone will be the nites of burning the midnite oil watching tv and reading,respectable nites from here on in,good grub is always top of my list and my entire rehab has seen me stick to my regular diet,it,s like the old Juma Ikangaa quote"the will to win means nothing w/out the will to prepare"
One final foot note......no pun intended on today,55 mins of step aerobics is along time so I loaded up the cd player w/ 5 Pogues cds hit random and began my workout......I,m not sure if The Pogues and step aerobics......or any kind of exercise{unless it,s lifting 16 oz curlers.....think about it and get back to me!!!!}go together but trust me,there,s nothing to get my pagan blood going like The Pogues and if that,s what it takes to spend 55 mins running up and down the basement steps then so be it!

No comments: