Thursday, January 10, 2008

Off W/ The Cast,On W/ The Show

That deafening sound you may,ve heard at 2.40pm yesterday afternoon was me breathing a huge sigh of relife at the removal of the cast on my left foot,if I never have to wear a cast again it,ll be too soon!!!!!
So phase one of my rehabilitation is over,onto phase two,I,m going to be wearing a boot for the next three weeks which hopefully will allow the fracture to heal compleatly,meaning that on Wed Jan 30th fingers crossed I should have a clean bill of health and Ira's blessing to begin training again.............................WHEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Obviously I,m not out of the woods just yet but at least I can start to plan my indoor season,albeit an abridged one,the whole Millrose Games issue as ever remains a live one,we need to get into the Feb 1st meet to begin w/ and between now and then I need to find a local pool where I can do some form of exercise to get me in half decent race shape.
Looking at the slightly bigger picture if I can start pool running now it,d give me a leg up on my prep for Indoor Nationals at the end of March,w/ the boot coming coming off on Jan 30th I,m looking at 8 weeks to get myself in race shape so any jump start that pool running would give me b4 then would be massive.
One feather in my cap yesterday was stepping on the bathroom scale and seeing I hadn,t gained any weight over the holidays/during my 3 week lay off,score one for the guy w/ horns for sticking to his diet and being disciplined,now I need to find a local ymca w/ a pool and go from there.

No comments: