Tuesday, January 29, 2008

When Caution Is The Better Part Of Valour

I opted out of todays planned workout at the eleventh hour.
Both my mother and coach GP were at pains yesterday to tell me to be careful w/ my comeback and I,d given my word to GP that I,d halt my workout if my foot didn,t feel right during the prepossed workout....fact was I never even got to Franklin Field today.
My foot didn,t feel right in the area of the fracture as I walked down Hazel Ave,by the time I reached 46th St I was having second thoughts about continuing and after stopping twice I decided to turn around and head home,if in doubt don,t.
Aside from my foot it was grey and overcast a little slick underfoot,I need my footing to be 100% b4 I can commit 100% to a workout in my present semi delicate stage of recovery,also after two track workouts in the past two days after a six week absence it was no great surprize my upper leg muscles were a little sore so factoring all that in I felt it best to hold off a day and reschedule my prepossed 2x150m,2x600m,2x150m workout till tomorrow.

No comments: