Monday, January 28, 2008

Gotta Start Somewhere

A big week,after yesterdays mile I was eager to see how I,d do today,having proven to myself I could run but more importantly run pain free it was now time to try and crank up the pace.
Left to my own devices anytime is always a recipe for disaster but especially where my running is concerned so I enlisted the help of coach GP to advise me on the do,s and don,ts for this week.
Like I said left to my own devices I would,ve considered 50m repeats yesterday,100m today,200m tomorrow and 300m Wednesday w/ a blow out 400m Thurs,but when I didn,t hear from GP b4 I left for Franklin Field due to him not returning from his commentary duties at the Miami Marathon till the wee hours I elected to just run one 400m today untill he and I sat down to discuss a formula for the up comming week.
Taking advantage of the fact I can access the track during the day time I hit Franklin Field just after 11am to utilize the day light as oppossed to next week when I,ll be back to the 5.30pm use of the track.
After a few stretches and a one lap warm up I launched into my one 400m for the day,64.56 far from earth shattering but I,ve got to start somewhere,it may not,ve been fast but at least it was pain free and later in the day GP emailed me and we talked at lenght not only about the upcoming week but also about the bigger picture and Indoor Nationals in 8 weeks time.
While time wise today was very little to write{or email}home about it was a start,and all great journeys have to start somewhere,we,ll see what tomorrows GP inspired workout brings.

No comments: