Saturday, August 29, 2009

Happiness Is Padded Cycling Shorts

Thankfully today's 36 mile bike ride was conducted w/ the aid of my new Team Ireland cycling shorts,trust me 36 miles and three hours in the saddle you want all that padding in the requisite places!!!
Like last week I found the final miles a grind but managed to see it through giving me 15 miles on the track for the week and 36 miles on the bike.
Whilst on the bike I mapped out next weeks schedule..lets face it when you're riding for three hours you find yourself w/ ample time to think!
Anyways not much of a radical change next week from this week,in and out 400s on Monday,4x1 mile repeats Wednesday and 5x1,000m Friday,the flip floping of Wednesday Friday is to accomodate next Sundays track meet in Virginia,which of course means no 36 mile bike ride next Saturday,however to keep me on a Mon,Wed,Fri the following week Monday will see me ride.
All in all a good week, a return to speed work and hopefully steps in the right direction.

No comments: