Monday, August 17, 2009

Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before.

"I was delayed,I was way laid an emergency stop I smelt the last ten seconds of life
I crashed down on the crossbar and and the pain was enough to make a shy bald buddhist reflect and plan a mass murder"
Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before The Smiths

Another Monday,another 90 degree plus day,another sub 5 minute mile,like I said,stop me if you think you've heard this one b4.
Like last Monday I wasn't phased by the heat, once I arrived at Franklin Field I knew it comfortable enough to go for a fast mile as opposed to an easy 3 miler/5,000m.
After my stretches and easy mile warm it was time to go for it over the mile,having clocked 4.59.01. and 4.55.04. last week I was hopeful of another sub 5 today even w/ the heat.

1.12.after 400m,my fastest opening lap to date,as long as I hadn't gone out too fast I was on for a sub 5 at the very least.
2.29. at 800m a 1.17. split,last Wednesday my opening two splits were 1.13/1.17.
3.46.at the bell,a 1.17.split,on Wednesday I ran a 1.16 split on the third lap to clock 3.46. also.
68.for my final lap to clock 4.54.51.
W/ 300m to go I began to up the pace,in four short weeks I've been able to not only knock out sub 5 minute miles but also lengthen my kick the week b4 last it was at 150m today it was 300m,I'm getting there and based on tonite's time I may well run another mile rather than a 5,000m time trial.

No comments: