Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Sign Of The Cross{Training}

The first two weeks I had my bike,I couldn't run,the first two weeks I was able to run again I haven't been able to ride my bike until today.
Taking advantage of having a day off from work yesterday meant I had a jump start on domestic chores going into the weekend so by 2.30pm I was good to go to saddle up and hit the Art Museum Loop.
I opted against the time honoured three times around the loop in favour of the up and back along W.River Dr since it's closed off to traffic on the weekends from just below the Philadelphia Zoo.
It was a nice change of pace to be able to cycle on the road,the loop is fine by the time honoured problems I used to encounter as a runner up there are now omnipresent as a cyclist and frankly I'm going a lot faster on my bike than as a runner so on the weekends it'll be the up and back on the road and beginning the week after next when I can resume Tue/Thur rotation on my bike I'll use the path.
Technically this was my first week of cross training,I logged 10 miles on the track and 28 miles on the bike,from little acorns big trees grow.

No comments: