Monday, August 3, 2009

All Fired Up

"Ain't nobody livin' in a perfect world,everybody's out there cryin' to be heard
Now I've got a new fire burnin' in my eyes,lightin' up the darkness movin' like a meteorite"
''All Fired Up"
Pat Benatar

I made no bones recently in my blog how I never looked at the results of Masters Nationals last month and to be honest I wasn't planning to look at the results from Worlds however curiosity got the better of me this afternoon and I couldn't help but check the results of yesterday's M45 800m final..........................................
The resounding @#$% that reverberated in my office this afternoon might just've been heard in Lathi,for the past two years I've ran a 1.59 in early August and honestly felt that even if I lost a second I could still run 2.00 and win gold so imagine how I felt when I saw yesterdays winning time of 2.01.37.,not so much a case of "curiosity killing the cat" more a case of "curiosity pissing off the cat"and w/ that I was off to Franklin Field.

A week removed from my first run in six weeks and only my second run in eight weeks I lined up for another mile,mile,mile,if things continue the way they've been going I could see me adding a second mile to my mile repeats b4 too long.
While I was hoping to beat Friday's 5.18.37. I realized that might be a tall order given it was conducted at 10.30am when not only was it much cooler than today at 4.30pm but I was also more rested.

Following my mile warm up it was time to go for my mile at pace,due to a field hockey scrimmage on the track I was forced to run in lane 8 it was either that or lane 1 which comes up short of the full 400m so I opted for lane 8.
1.20. at 400m,right where I wanted to be,could I keep this pace like I did on Friday?
2.43. at 800m a 1.23. lap,agh!
4.08. at the bell,but a 1.25.lap,I'm still a few weeks away from getting up on my toes and back into my flats but like tax deadline day and xmas......it's coming!!!
5.22.50. w/ a 1.14. closing lap,my fastest lap to date,while the cynics{and there are several trust me} will say it was off a 1.25. lap I'm pleased I didn't just mail it in and was able to kick w/ 150m to go.

Sure I'm disappointed to be 4 seconds slower than Friday but on the upside it's another run under my belt and another run pain free,a week ago I ran a tentative 5.49.06. opening in 1.25. and closing in 1.24. tonite I ran a much less tentative 5.22.50. opening in 1.20. and closing in 1.14.let's see what Wednesday brings.

No comments: