Friday, July 31, 2009

Morning Glory

Since I'm off to Giants Stadium in less than half an hour to catch Anvil open for AC DC I hit Franklin Field this morning for my workout.
The same workout as Mon and Wed,mile warm up,Mile,mile cool down w/ stretches b4 and after.

When I clocked 1.21. for the opening lap I realized I could be on for a semi decent overall time,question was was my body ready to respond?
2.42. at 800m,a 1.21. split this was the mile I had hoped to run Monday but I'll take it a few days late.
4.03. at the bell,another 1.21 split.....get a load of Mr Consistency here!!!
A final lap of 1.15. to clock a 5.18.38. mile,I'll take it.

For my first week back I feel good,delighted to just be able to run again,relieved to be running pain free and heartened by the reduction in times,5.49,5.33,5.18.
I'd like to get out on the bike tomorrow since my 5pm pt sessions cut into riding Tues and Thur and while I'm heading up I95 to Giants Stadium I'll think about what I want to run next week.

5 comments:

dinklesnaps said...

I'm envious! Pain free! Must be nice.

kevin f forde said...

Oh it is believe me!
How are you doing?

dinklesnaps said...

Not so good, although I am getting better. I feel far weaker than I should. I am working on it.

kevin f forde said...

Hang in there,as someone who lost 9 weeks of running I know how you feel,as a wise man once told me and I quote"at our age not only are we more susseptable to injury,but it takes us longer to heal"
Jeep the faith

kevin f forde said...

Obviously that should read Keep the faith,not Jeep the faith!!!