Saturday, July 25, 2009

Wishing I Was There.

By rights I should be writing my latest blog entry from a hotel in Lahti Finland as I was due to fly out yesterday,instead I'm here in W.Philly wondering what might've been,my less than sunny disposition this week can be squarely attributed to this,granted at best I'm as cuddly as a porcupine so the last few days have seen the return of the savage Celtic black hearted pagan I'm sorry to say.

I was pleasantly surprised to see some of my recent blog entries on Ken Stone's Masterstrack Blog yesterday,since my injury I haven't read much of any running related matters,I never looked at the results of Nationals,stopped reading Ken's blog,and only recently began to read my own clubs message board again,I thank Ken for not just reading my blog but for the fact he's always been very kind to me in his blog,hopefully I can give him something running related to report b4 too long.

Despite the heat this afternoon I rode my bike around the Art Museum Loop,last Sunday my three loops in considerably cooler conditions went 36,34,31 for a combined 1.41 and on Tuesday I went 31.24,30.13,I was feeling the heat and my legs were feeling rubbery so imagine my considerable surprise to clock 32.40 for the opening 8.4 loop,proof positive that in cycling as in running I can't judge pace to save my life!!.
63.10 after two loops,30.50 for the second 8.4 now what was left?an almost identical 30.58 to finish in 1.34.08. some seven minutes faster than last Sunday.

Well I need to get my gear ready for the morning,despite not being able to run I'm joining up w/ my club as they head to York for the Keystone Games I figure the day b4 I attempt to run again maybe some good karma will come my way being around those guys,till then I'm gonna check out the latest BBC America supernatural/sci fi show "Being Human" I'm still reeling from my 5 nites of "Torchwood Children Of Earth" and the first of David Tennant's farewell ''Doctor Who" specials airs tomorrow evening,maybe life isn't so bad afterall?

No comments: