Thursday, July 16, 2009

On A Steel Horse I Ride

Having nixed yesterdays proposed ride due to other commitments I was happy to be back on the "steel horse" today.

I took a slightly different route to W.River Dr today which also meant starting from a different point and for what it was worth going counterclockwise as opposed to the direction I rode Tuesday.

Also going out the window today was my "no pissing contest"mindset,I wondered how long it'd take for the competitive fires to kick in,you can tame a Tiger but you'll never suppress it's natural killer instincts!!!

Coming off of Falls Bridge for the second time and heading down Kelly Drive I was overtaken by some rider which was fine but he never made much headway on me and w/in half a mile I reeled him in and overtook him,next thing I knew he was drafting off of my back wheel.....no no no,if you're gonna do that then I'm gonna make you work for it and thus began a sprint over the closing 3 miles to the Art Museum steps,I was hell bent on holding him off which I'm happy to say I did.

So two rides down,I'd like to ride again tomorrow,we'll see if the legs are up to it,one final footnote as I sit here writing this I'm also watching the Galaxy Red Bulls MLS game and jamming to some tunes on my pc,I haven't wanted to multitask for a while,I guess you can't keep a good alley cat down for long!!!

No comments: