Friday, July 10, 2009

I've Had A Gut Full

Confession they say is good for the soul,so step back because I'm about to spew my guts.........

To say I'm beyond fucked off right now is like saying Atilla The Hun may've had "anger management"issues,no matter how bad things have gotten in the past I could in the last eight years go out and run to deal w/ them......well not now I can't,so I bought a bike,but because I have zero mechanical skills I couldn't put it together when it arrived Wednesday so I had to take it to a local bike shop who in turn told me the earliest they think it'll be ready is Tuesday.........
Granted what's a few more days but I had hoped to be out doing loops on Kelly Dr and W.River Dr over the weekend......ah the best laid plains of mice and men.....and runners!
Glass half full my walk w/ the bike from 57th and Cedar to 31st and Walnut meant loosing the cast boot for an hour,it was bad enough having to walk it that far,much less wearing the boot while I did it,after a week and a half of clunking around it felt weird to have both my shoes on again.
I swung by Franklin Field on my way home since I was in the neighbourhood,and while it was painful to watch others jog around the track it felt good to be back there again,here's hoping it won't be too long b4 I'm back on the track sooner rather than later.
Mad props and much love to my friend Kim the security guard there,we share a common bond w/ all things BBC America so it was good to have someone to talk to about the likes of ''Doctor Who"''Torchwood"''Robin Hood"""Gavin And Stacy",believe me the hour or so we chatted was one of the better hours I've had in recent weeks.

Another good hour or so was Wednesday when "The Queen Of The Slipstream"and I had lunch together.....I know I was shocked too,I never take lunch!!!!
Things have gone very quiet on the "QOTS"front over the last few months but we're still good friends and we usually chat once a week,it was fun to sit and have lunch together for a change and at a time when several people have for whatever reason chosen to avoid me I'm grateful to those who take the trouble to remember me.

It's not lost on me that tomorrow marks a year to the day I flew home to Ireland and it's hard not to think about those magnificent 6 mile runs along the beach every morning,right now I'd just be happy w/ a 6 mile run.
I also knew this time last year I still had Nationals to look forward to,Outdoor Masters Nationals have been the highlite of my summer for the last three years and it was always a sore spot w/ me that I couldn't go this year as I'd opted for Worlds and not only can I not do Worlds but I can't do Nationals either now,which I hasten to mention began yesterday.

I was delighted to learn yesterday that my good friend,team mate and more often than not room mate on Nationals road trips Ray Parker won the Pentathlon after two years as runner up,I'm delighted for Ray he deserves to be a National Champion,I'm just sorry I couldn't be there to share that w/ him,much less be in Oshkosh to compete and be w/ my teammates and the friends I've made since my Nationals debut in 06 in Charlotte.

Ok I've vented my spleen a little,it doesn't alter the fact I'm still as miserable as sin right now but as a wise man once told me,"bury it deep in the tough shit cemetery".

No comments: