Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Life,Lemons,Rainbows,Rain

It was back to Franklin Field again today for another mile,mile,mile workout.
Buoyed by the fact I'd gotten through Mondays run w/out any problems I came into today's workout off of a good physical therapy session yesterday,eight mins on the elliptical machine,some stretching,a reflexology massage and ice.
The threat of rain was NEVER going to put me off running today,most people know of my "baptism of rain" way back in 72 so running in the rain seldom deters me,plus I lost 9 weeks of running from May 12th till July 27th I was damned if a little rain would keep me away today.

One advantage of the rain,it cooled things off compared to Monday but just as I finished the 4th lap of my warm up mile the heavens opened....oh well I was here now time to have it despite the hard rain coming down.
An opening lap of 1.17 was a pleasant surprise,obviously the heat Monday and the fact I was cautious about my tendon factored into the 1.25 I opened w/.
A 1.28 lap to clock 2.45 at 800m,not earth shattering by any means but a 10 second improvement on Monday.
4.15 at the bell,a 1.30 lap and while there's clearly a LONG way to go in my recovery I take heart from the closing lap of 1.18 and finishing in 5.33.85.

Granted the running world won't lose any sleep over my 5.33.85. mile,however it's a 16 second improvement on Monday and that's huge for me right now.
Rain or no rain I made sure to stretch afterwards and ice my tendon and post shower{of the warm variety!!!} I iced my tendon again.
I have pt again tomorrow which hopefully will set me up for a return to the track Friday and who knows maybe a faster mile.

Had I've been in Lahti as planned this week I'd have missed out on David Gray tickets going on sale this Saturday,I've been a huge David Gray since his 2000 breakout album ''White Ladder" and missed out on seeing him on his last US tour in 05 to promote his "Life In Slow Motion" cd as I was saving money for my trip to Athens for the Athens marathon so this time around I aim to be in line b4 tickets go on sale Saturday morning.

No comments: