Sunday, July 19, 2009

Then There Were Three

It was always in my mind to do three loops today but following Nicolas Roche's second place finish in yesterdays stage of the Tour De France I felt even more compelled to throw in an extra 8.4 loop,for all I know Nicolas is a distant relative given my mother's maiden name is Roche.



It was warm and sunny when I reached W.River Drive via Mantua by way of Powelton Ave, at 1pm,I figured 3 times the 8.4 mile loop at 40 mins per loop was a decent expectation so when I clocked 36 mins for the opening loop I was pleased as it meant I'd ridden w/in myself.



34 mins for loop two,1.10,now could I crank it up?the answer was a resounding yes as I crushed the final loop in 31 mins for an overall time of 1.41.

I was pleased that in only my third ride I was able to crank out an extra 8.4 ,mile loop w/out too much fuss,that said when I return on Tuesday it'll be back to the traditional two loops but I'd like to try and lowers today's splits next Sunday.

No comments: