Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Maiden Voyage

NEWS FLASH...........Large amount of endorphins released on Kelly and West River Drives,film at 11.
After an eight year hiatus of bike riding today saw me do my best Norman Tebbit impression and"get on me bike",given it's another two weeks b4 I can run the bike may prove to be the best investment I make this year.
It felt great to be out and about again after six weeks and also since I converted from road running to track in 06 I've had no need to be up on the drives for the last three years and I'd forgotten how great it feels to be out there on a warm day w/ a mild breeze coming off the river.
Make no mistake I'm only on the bike to get a sense of fitness and allow myself a chance to workout after work,I don't plan on doing mad mileage,today was two loops of the 8 mile loop nor am I looking to get into"pissing contests"w/anyone while I'm out there I just need to do something until I can begin to run again which is slated for July 26th/27th.
As I sit here a little saddle sore after my ride I do feel a sense of accomplishment, today felt like one of the better days of the last two months,god willing I'll be back out on the bike again tomorrow after my first Physical Therapy session.

No comments: