Tuesday, July 14, 2009

So Close I Can Almost Taste It.

God willing,this time next week my cast boot will be in a corner gathering dust and I won't be answering the time honoured question for the gazillionth time"what did you do to your foot?"
My most recent answers to said question have alternated from"I dropped my wallet on it"to "I fell off my wallet"
That light at the end of the tunnel I've been soooooooooooooooo desperately trying to reach is almost there,my bike should be road worthy by this evening and I begin Physical Therapy tomorrow,Ira my foot doctor thinks I should be able to resume running by July 26th.....can I get an Amen?..............thank you!!
As for any plans for"World Domination"well they need to be put on hold,if I learnt anything over the past two months it's that sitting here and saying "I want to be at this level by such and such date"is premature,starter for ten I just want to be able to run again,and run pain free,that's the first objective,once that has been taken care of then and only then can I begin to concern myself w/ training regimes and race schedules,please don't ask me if I'm planning on running this race,that race,is a xc season on the cards because I just don't know,when I know you'll know.
First things first I need to pick up my bike and give it a test ride,I guess "Hell On Wheels" has a new poster child.....................
Happy Trails

4 comments:

dinklesnaps said...

Taste the freedom! Run free.

Wish me luck as I continue to nurse my feet and my Achilles. Arrrgh.

kevin f forde said...

Delv me old china,I feel for you I really do,any idea when you'll be back up and running?
Best Wishes and get healthy soon!

chuckxc said...

Glad to hear you will be out and about soon. Was not the same w/out you at Nats. A number of people were asking about you, including Francis. FB ran 2 killer races out there in the 5k and 15. Hope to see you sometime soon.

kevin f forde said...

Chuck,since you went to Wisconsin does that make you....drumroll please....''Chucky Cheese"....
You have no idea how much I wanted to be w/ you guys at Nationals,it really hurt not to be there,I think I'm more upset about missing Nationals than I am about missing Worlds.
I'll phone you soon.