Thursday, November 12, 2009

Rewrite

A wise man once said"it's all well and good having a system in place,but you have to allow for flexibility in order to make it work"
The game plan was 5x1,000m repeats however I ended up helping my friend Andy in a 2 mile{sorry I don't do 3,200m...it's 2 miles!}time trial.
It was a strange day....strange in a good way,beginning my work day w/ an elevator ride w/ a certain someone is always something special,again a wise man once told me"all of life's rewards don't have to be grand" sometimes a 60 second elevator ride and a brief conversation about nothing in particular can be more rewarding than that person could ever realize.
Then I got a comment on my last blog entry,sometimes writing a blog can be a bit like being a late nite radio dj,you're not sure if anyone is actually listening to you,so thank you anonymous in NH for your kind words it means alot that someone appreciates what I have to say for myself.

When I finally got to the track at 5pm the much touted rain we were expecting all day decided now would be as good a time as any to present it's self in all it's gory....NO I didn't leave out the L!!!
I've ran in the rain a gazillion times and will again,road or track but it's a narrow window of opportunity if I've already began to run or even warm up then it's a case of wtf but it's always a tough sell to strip down and ready ones self for any form of a run w/ the rain coming down and at that point I was going to bag it.
I took the opportunity to shoot the breeze w/ my friend Kim the security guard since I hadn't seen her since last Monday,I vented about work{please for the love of god Don't get me started!!}and we discussed "Eastenders"lords knows I have nobody else to talk to about it.
Anywho,as I was getting ready to leave a friend of mine Andy Elkan said hello,I haven't seen Andy since the Twilight meet at Swarthmore in May.....NO there were no vampires there...well not that I'm aware of.............thanks folks I'm here all week{get on w/ it for crying out loud!}any ways Andy asked if I'd help w/ a 2 mile time trial and I jumped in to lend my support.

Andy's goal was to go sub 10 and he just missed 10.05 off of mile splits of 5.01/5.04,it was a valiant effort.
Post run Andy and I cooled down over 2 miles and bandied about ideas for future workouts,I'd like to revisit tonites and go sub 10,I know it's doable,we also talked about future workouts as indoor track gets closer,lone wolf by nature not necessarily by choice in running or in life I'd be happy for some company on my workouts so it feels like a win win for us both.

Friday I shall return to have a crack at my mile repeats,my final workout b4 turning 46,we'll see how much life is in this old dog yet!

No comments: