Friday, November 20, 2009

More Hands Than A German Phone Book

Ok,let's get the unpleasantness out of the way first,theirry henry is a cheating french bastard and sepp blatter can stick Fifa's Fair Play mantra up his Swiss arse,congrats Fifa you got what you wanted France in next summers World Cup Finals in South Africa even if it meant bending the rules to do so and making a laughing stock of footballs so called integrity.
How long can football remain in the dark ages and be bereft of instant replay?other so called european sports a la Rugby,Cricket and Tennis have all introduced it why can't football?
The debate will no doubt rumble on but that's my two cents worth to the argument.

Fueled by that injustice I arrived at Franklin Field w/ a full head of steam and enough piss and vinegar running through me to drown several small pacific islands......all the ingredients for a good repeat session,I was determined this evening wouldn't end in acrimony......and to think I almost didn't make it here in the first place,as a result of an early night Wednesday I'd neglected to put my stop watches in my bag,can't very well time repeats w/out them thou ever the boy scout dib,dib,dib I considered utilizing the stop watch on my ipod to time my 1,000s.
Then the weather forecast called for a 70% chance of rain,as it was the rain ended up being minimal at best during my repeats and I came home,retrieved my stop watches and headed back to Franklin Field.

Minus a few lite showers conditions were as close to ideal as you could wish for in mid November and w/ that it was down to business for the 5x1,000m repeats,could I build upon the stellar 6x600m repeat of Tuesday?could I be away from 5x1,000m for two weeks like I was w/ the 6x600m and come back w/out missing a beat......
#1 1,000m,1.17,1.21,38-3.16.58.My first reaction crossing the finish line and checking my watch was "damn that's slow,it was the only time this evening I would say that and it may've been the key to a solid repeat.
#2 1,000m,1.16,1.17,36-3.09.14.Nice!it might well be a bit early for pantomime season but this was very much in the fashion of"that's the way to do it"
At 600m in the little bit of rain that was much touted began to fall...briefly,trust me I've ran further in far worse.
#3 1,000m,1.16,1.15,37-3.08.42.This repeat was starting to take over any or all expectations I had for it,naively when I began my 5x1ks back in September I though I could run all 5 in sub 3.10,perhaps those evenings aren't so far away after all?
#4 1,000m1.16,1.16,36-3.08.85.Strewth! you want to talk about the model of consistency then this workout was pretty darn close to it, a few repeats back I'd open in 1.16 b4 coming round again in 1.20,not tonite
#5 1,000m,1.18,1.19,32-3.09.06.Holy Shit!I wasn't thrown off when I came through the opening 400m in 1.18 it was to be expected but rather than panic I kept my focus,told myself if I want to reclaim my spot near the top of the 45-49 middle distance masters I have to fight for it and dig deep and dig I did{no crack about paddys and shovels thank you very much!}
A 32 second final 200m period but at the end of a 5th 1,000m,while I've been pleased w/ the 34s I've been able to conjure up I know deep down inside I need to be closing in 32 and tonite I was able to prise that door open a little.

All in all a good nites work,I said based on my recovery from my stress fracture in 07 that come mid to late November I should be starting to fire on all cylinders,thus far this week I've seen evidence that I'm getting there,now for the mile repeats Saturday,is that first sub 5 mile on the cards?

No comments: