Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Calm B4 The Storm

Another day I had to drag myself up by the shoelaces to come to the track but I'm glad that I did,another good repeat workout but also w/ the Septa whores calling a strike who knows when I'll next get to do repeats as frankly riding 20 miles to and from work is hardly ideal prep b4 repeats and at the rate things are going at work at the minute it doesn't look like I'll be taking Friday off as usual if I do I can at least walk to and from Franklin Field but I'm getting ahead of myself...

W/ the clocks going back on Sunday I was faced w/ my first workout in darkness,last week I was at least able to warm up and get my first few repeats in b4 the daylight faded,not now and not for the next 5 months,at least it was still t shirt and shorts weather but the clock's ticking on that one.
600m#1,70,37-1.47.34.A solid and comfortable opening to proceedings,start as you mean to go on.
600m#2,71,35-1.46.92.Precious little in the way of deviation from the prior repeat comfortable 400m pace easy closing 200m speed.
600m#3,72,34-1.46.57.Remarkably brisk final 200m pace something that had been lacking until today.
600m#4,74,33-1.47.26.In spite of my 400m pace creeping up I was closing faster and faster,wow those fears that my closing speed had gotten away from me was beginning to diminish.
600m#5,73-36-1.49.24.Uh oh! I knew from being hunched over at the finish line I was in dire straits b4 going into #6,all that bravado on the #2,#3,#4 200s was about to demand instant payback.
600m#6.79,40-1.59.80.Humbug! a wise man once told me"you can do anything you like in this world...as long as you're willing to pay the price that goes w/ it" and on #6 I paid the price of pushing the middle closing 200s but at this early stage of the season now's as good a time to tinker w/ my repeats and see what I've got or don't have.

Sure I'm disappointed to miss out on back to back 6/6 6x600m at sub 1.50 pace but other than that it was a good workout out.
B4 I go it'd be remiss of me not to give a shout out to my former coach GP who at 46 not only ran a sub 3 hour marathon Sunday but did it in the New Marathon City Marathon.no mean fete and also raised a lot of money for the Boomer Esiason Foundation in the process,mad props.

No comments: