Friday, July 1, 2011

This Time Next Week

This time last year Dallas was as far west as I'd travelled in my 23 years here,now in 5 days time I'll be in Sacramento for the second time in just under a year.
Obviously I wish I felt more hopeful about my chances in the 5,000m but in running as in life you have to play the hand you're dealt so I'll go along for the ride and look to use the experience to my advantage whenever I next get a chance to represent the Stars And Stripes at World Championship level(on July 14th the locations of the 2014 World Indoors and 2015 World Outdoors will be voted on.....(please,please,pretty please Perth for 2015!!!!!)but as they say that's for another day.

The 5pm deadline for Nationals passed this afternoon just after I completed my easy 4 miler,it remains to be seen if any mail in entries or final deadline entries next Saturday swell the ranks,as of right now there are 11 of us in the M45 5,000m,a pair of recognisable names Francis Burdett and Jeff Mann,still only 6 of us in the M45 10,000m which means at this rate they will combine the M30-34,35-39,40-44,45-49,50-54 and maybe 55-59,we'll have to wait and see.

Back to the track tomorrow, to prep for the upcoming 10,000m a new repeat, 3x2 miles it'll be my first time w/ this repeat so we'll have to see how I deal w/ it.

No comments: