Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hot As Hell

Most people who know me,and anyone who's worked w/ me will tell you I'm the only person they know who takes an escalator UP to work in the morning,not so much Devil's Advocate, more Devil's Associate,urban legend has it my head was shaved to see if a 666 could be found and the reason I sport a bandanna is to hide my horns....yes I am the devil!!!

It sure felt like Dante's inferno on the loading dock today,w/ a concrete floor,walls and ceiling it's like working in a brick oven to begin w/ and w/ temps hitting 98 degrees and a heat index making it feel like 105 I could be forgiven for giving short shift to feckin' ejits who're only on the dock for 90 seconds bleating about"turn the heat off".....the same feckin' gobshites who say"turn the heat on" when it's brass monkeys cold in the dead of winter,I'm there for 9 hours a day so just shut the feck up and leave me alone.....see I told you I was the devil off w/ the horns,on w/ the show!!!

Inspite of the heat I did manage to get my easy 4 miler in,anything above 4 miles at 4.40pm might've been asking for trouble,I felt 4 miles would be doable,despite being on asphalt the majority of the Cobbs Creek Parkway course is in the shade which always helps,never mind when it's 97 degrees!!!
Tomorrow is a scheduled rest day....just as well as there's talk of it being 100 degrees and it's quite likely I will try to hit the track around 6am on Saturday b4 it gets too hot,now if you'll excuse me there's an escalator heading down w/ my name on it........

No comments: