Sunday, July 3, 2011

Easy Does It

Out just gone 9am this morning to take care of business over 6 miles to round out my weekly total to 34 miles, a slight drop from the back to back weeks of 35 miles as I begin to taper for Nationals in just under 4 weeks time.
I can look back on this past week w/ mixed emotions,a good race but poor time in my 5,000m debut at Icahn Tuesday,a seasons best for my out and back 6 miler along Cobbs Creek Parkway on Thursday and I think the jury is still out on yesterdays debut at 3x2mile repeat,it'll be interesting to see what my next set of 2 mile repeats yields.

Off to the track tomorrow morning for 4x1mile repeats,I wouldn't consider such a workout were I going into Worlds as a contender but since I find myself as an also ran I need to focus my efforts on Nationals and that means two visits to the track each week leading up to my departure for Berea on July 27th.

Since it is a holiday weekend I'm looking to relax a little and enjoy some down time b4 pulling out my check list to make sure I have everything packed b4 my departure to the airport on Wednesday morning

No comments: