Sunday, July 10, 2011

12th In The World.......

12th out of 18 in 16.54.1.,not what I had hoped for but all things considered it was the best I could do.
When the deadline for entries passed in mid April I had{on paper}the 10th fastest time so all things considered 12th is nothing to feel too bad about....yeah I hoped for better but it just wasn't to be.
I'm still here in Sacto till Tuesday,looking forward to some barnstorming 800m finals tomorrow nite b4 flying back to Philly Tuesday morning and hitting the track Wednesday morning/lunchtime for some mile repeats......gotta get ready for Nationals now in just under 3 weeks time.
A more detailed account not just of my race but my trip to Worlds will be forthcoming sometime next week but between flying home,doing mile repeats,going to see U2 and then doing another round of 3x2mile repeats it maybe the weekend b4 I can do them justice.

Thank you for all the support I've gotten via the blog and Facebook,while it's unlikely I'll go to Porto Alegre in 2013 for the next Worlds I'm hoping Perth wins the vote for hosting 2015 on Thursday so I can reload and try again to become a World Champion.

4 comments:

Kevin C. Tofel said...

That's nothing to be ashamed of by any means! Congrats on the effort and keep your chin up - it's how we deal with the challenges in life, not the successes, that define us. ;)

Jeff Mann said...

Kevin, good seeing you again. Pleased with my 800 given lack of training. Had 13th seed but finished 9th with absolutely no speed work in June. See you in Berea. Jeff

kevin f forde said...

Kevin,
I'm glad I went,it may not have been the performance I was hoping for but it was a great learning experience and one that I'm sure I'll grow from

kevin f forde said...

Jeff,
good seeing you at Worlds,congrats on 9th....not bad on one leg!!!
Are you sticking around for the 1,500m?if so good luck and see you in Berea.