Sunday, July 17, 2011

Getting Down To The Nitty Gritty

An easy 6 miler to round out the week at 30 miles.
While it was a short week w/ only 5 days of training due to tapering it was a long week having began things in Sacramento on Monday w/ a 6 miler b4 flying home Tuesday and getting on the track Wednesday for mile repeats b4 an easy 4 mile Thursday.
Had I not been tapering this week I would've had to drag my sorry carcass out there Friday for a 4 or 6 miler but thankfully off of only 4 hours sleep following the U2 show I didn't have to,I don't doubt were I not tapering I could've answered the call if need be.....but it was nice not having to!
Having gotten through the grind of 3x2 mile repeats yesterday it was nice to have an easy 6 miler this morning and put this week in the books as I get ready for my final week of training for Berea and Nationals.

There's talk of another heatwave this week which I'll have to keep an eye on,no point over doing things now this week w/ Nationals so close,things will kick off tomorrow w/ a 6 miler out and back along Cobbs Creek Parkway,outside of my 2 repeats that'll be it for hard runs this week,there's that old adage about "not getting any faster in a week" which is true but for me my season lies a little beyond the end of the track season as I look to salvage something from a frustrating 2011 season ergo the desire to keep pushing the envelope.

No comments: