Thursday, July 14, 2011

Running To Stand Still

"I want to run,I want to hide I want to tear down the walls that hold me inside,I want to reach out and touch the flame,where the streets have no name"
Where The Streets Have No Name-U2


Little by little my daily routine is returning to normal after my west coast excursion to Sacramento and Worlds,sleeping in my own bed for the first time in over a week,going to the track to workout,going back to work(work sucks but I need the bucks!!!)and also heading out and back on Cobbs Creek Parkway for an easy 4 miler this evening.

I opted for 4 miles since post work and workout I was hightailing it to Lincoln Financial Field the home of the Philadelphia Eagles and Temple Owls(wtf I use their track they deserve a shout out!!)to see my 13th U2 concert since 1984.


It never gets old seeing Bono,Edge,Adam and Larry,this was a show postponed from last July when Bono injured his back.....no jokes about trying to carry the weight of the world on his shoulders please!!!! but it was worth the wait.


A slightly muted day at the WMA Assembly for me,first Budapest not Valencia won the right to host the 2014 Indoor worlds(I'd have prefered Spain but haven't ruled out a trip to Hungary)then Lyon beat out Perth to host 2015 World Outdoors....%$#@ however in a interesting twist of fate the assembly voted to switch the rotation on Indoor and Outdoor Worlds so following Lyon in 2015 Perth will now host the 2016 Outdoor Worlds b4 a yet to be determined site hosts the 2017 Indoor Worlds.

Why the support for Perth you may ask? A I have several friends from "down under" in the masters running fraternity,B at each Worlds the Australian masters always have to travel the furthest to compete,don't we owe it to them to visit?C most Aussies know how to throw a party!!! and D I want to visit "the great southern land" and if I can have my Vegemite and eat it too I can now visit and look for any relatives I may have out there....like I didn't have forefathers who were sent there way back when for crimes like sheep stealing and cattle rustling.....and run too.

Given my uncanny knack for illness and injury in odd numbered years(07 stress fracture of the left foot,09 right achilles,11ferittin levels low enough to bollocks up my outdoor season) it's perhaps a blessing to switch to even years for Outdoor Worlds.

No comments: